Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pandora’s Box


Pandora’s Box …a poem

pandoras-box
Slowly, cautiously,
I moved towards the box…..
I touched it with fear…..
I touched it with loathing…..
It held my scars
It held my hurts
I did not even know
that it was there…
It took so long to find
buried deep within
my mind….
My hand shook
my hand  trembled
as it reached for the lid…..
about to release what had been hid
I closed my eyes
for fear of what I would find
but I had to find my way out
of the dark abyss …….
or I would lose my mind…….
and as I opened her up
the light pierced my soul
and every hurt,
and every pain,
and every loss,
ripped through my body
yet again……
until all that was left
was my heart and soul…..
made anew
bathed in the light of peace.
~♥ ivonne p montijo ♥~© 2013
Pandoras_Box_by_lumpi69

No comments:

Post a Comment