Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Two Generation Army



      
BrysonBrandon
“A Two Generation Army” – Whitney Avenue – Wilkinsburg, PA –
Brandon, age 13, teaching Bryson, age 3, how to plant Petunias…
A generation teaching a younger generation…
A personal investment realized…
Although Brandon knew how to garden before I moved into the neighborhood…
I like to think that I am responsible for the refinement of this skill…

.

I envision a reconfiguration of the military sector…
I envision a world that is one…
I envision a society that values the garden spade over machine guns…
A military should be a peace making tool…

We could feed the hungry…
School the homeless and the poor…
Every corner could house a garden…
Every building a store…

If we gave hugs like we drop bombs it would rattle the world to its core…
Our children are our future…
And I am gathering mine…
An army that waves the white flag instead of fighting the front line…

The white flag of surrender…
No…
The white flag of peace…
The kinda flag that when you wave says let’s get together and feast…

We can drink the finest wine…
Eat the freshest greens…
Anything is possible when you combine your dreams…
Anything is possible when you reach…


The best plants in my garden are the children I teach…


plant petunias and question everything – chriscondello

.
http://chriscondello.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/a-two-generation-army/

.

Chris Condello
.

re-posted by ME and the Boss

.

.

.

.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment