Wednesday, August 20, 2014






Forest Resource – Sacred Grounds


"American Ginseng" - Westmoreland County, PA
“American Ginseng” – Westmoreland County, PA


The sun is rising over the distant tree line…
Reflecting off the calm water like glass…
Mayflies are dancing in the morning light…
My soul is like a candle burning in the night…

The trees in the forest reach for the sky…
When I call out the woodland birds reply…
My mind is in heaven yet I am on the ground…
Communication with nature requires no sound…

Climbing mountains of sand and limestone…
At the top of the rise stands a circle of pines…
I stand among the sleepy conifer trees…
Singing praises to the deer and the bees…

As the earth slowly spins I steady my balance…
On the side of this mountain sitting in silence…
Ginseng takes the place of the spring May Apple…
The forest is the only place sacred like a chapel…


plant petunias and question everything – chriscondello

.

ME and the Boss

.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment