Saturday, April 26, 2014

Repaired into Ruins – Side by Side

.
Chris Condello
.

       
NotQuite


“Repaired into Ruins” – Lamar Avenue – Wilkinsburg, PA –
Not even an abandoned house…
This is somebody’s attempt to close off a basement window…
 It is so messed up I had to laugh…
But at the same time… It was so beautiful I had to run home and grab my camera…


.

Walking the dirty streets of Wilkinsburg…
Every other house a disaster waiting…
Mountains made of condoms and needles…
Pain is present in the eyes of the people…

Abandoned houses rot side by side…
Reminder of how the mighty decide…
Everything that grows will eventually stall…
Only the weak minds will answer the call…

I don’t want to be just another soldier boy…
Another scout… A pawn… Or a generals toy…
I want to be the best at the things I do…
When something falls apart I want to be the glue…

I don’t want to be just another list maker…
Another dish washer or first class faker…
I want my gardens to circle the earth…
Beauty grows beyond the day of birth…

The sound of birds over the rumble of a train…
A glimmer of sunshine after a long day of rain…
I want to do something that will give me pride…
Live in a place with the freedom to decide…

Depression is like a concrete block wall…
Like trying to bounce a flat basketball…
For most of my life I have been one knot away…
Every morning wake up thinking is this the day…

I have to find a way to tear down this wall…
Accept that I am human and deeply flawed…
What is a flaw… To some its perfection…
Based on a different style of human perception…

The sun and the moon… The birds fly high…
White clouds floating from our minds to the sky…
Cool mist falling from the sapphire blue display…
Forget about the past and throw these weights away…

.


plant petunias and question everything – chriscondello

.

.

ME and the Boss

.

.http://chriscondello.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/repaired-into-ruins-side-by-side/

.

.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment