Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Achieve


Number 24


in

The Daily Challenge

from #reverb10,

December 28, 2010






Prompt: Achieve.

What’s the thing you most
want to achieve next year?
How do you imagine you’ll feel
when you get it?
Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful?
Write that feeling down.
Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do,
or 10 new thoughts you can think,
in order to experience that feeling today.


Get published.

The feelings will be a sense of accomplishment, self satisfaction,
and motivation to keep on keeping on.

10 things?

What do you expect from an older person who doesn't have
ten brain cells that still work??

Since I listed only three feelings, I will give you three good reasons
why I experience those feelings every day, no brainstorming required.

Accomplishment, getting out of bed is an accomplishment, thank you God.

Self satisfaction, I have written at least one thought every day for the past
few years and over a thousand posts later I am very satisfied, thank you God.

Motivation, that feeling comes from a desire to give back what was so freely
given to me.
Many friends, acquaintances, enemies and even some family have
show me that I must do a few simple things every day and my life will get better:  
a)  practice listening closely to God talking to me through others,
b)  practice patience and tolerance and to care  for others,
c)  let a Higher Power motivate me to do the next right thing,
d)  body, mind and  soul, keep balance in my life.

As an aside, one of my favorite anonymous quotes:
"Be kind to your enemies, after all, you are the one who made them."

Achieving good feelings, easy, it is an inside job, a job that I can never retire from.

Happiness is accepting every day as an achievement.

ME and the Boss




..
http://meandtheboss-2010.blogspot.com/

http://asadrunkseesit.blogspot.com/




..

No comments:

Post a Comment