Monday, December 6, 2010

Let Go


A friend of a friend and a new blog aquaintance introduced me to a site that is a challenge to write a daily blog in response to prompts that will question my review of 2010 and pose questions as to what do I expect from 2011.

I missed the first four prompts and I really do not care to catch up,
I'll just stay in today and attempt to keep my mind open for the next 26 days.

December 5 Let Go.


http://www.reverb10.com/


What (or whom) did you let go of this year?

Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)

Letting go has been a learning process that I have experienced
over the last seventeen years, since the day of my last alcoholic drink.
Prior to that April in 1993 I suffocated everything that I could claim as
my own.
There was nothing that I ever let go of that did not have scratch marks
all over it.
Grieving was a word that was not in my vocabulary, grieving was for little old widows dressed in black.
The first learning experience was to admit that I was powerless, that there was a God, a Higher Power,
a Devine Creator, a Spirit of the Universe and it was not me.
The next learning experience was to learn to accept.
When God says that he is ready to move on, be ready to move on.
Relationships, jobs, toys, people, places and things have come and gone throughout the years and I
taken the time to evaluate each experience, look for the positive, and smile for God having given me
the chance to be a part of His world.
Not in early sobriety, no never, but eventually, I came to accept that it was not God's fault, it was not anyone's fault, and it was not even my fault, it was life.
Today, I try to do the next right thing in service to self, others and my Higher Power, whom I choose
to call God.
For the year 2010 I have continued to let go and let God, knowing that the body lives in the moment,
but my soul, the spirits of the past and those of the future will enjoy eternal peace when God says
it is time to move on.
Michael_e

http://meandtheboss-2010.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment