Saturday, December 25, 2010

Photo

Number 21

in

The Daily Challenge

from #reverb10,

December 25, 2010





Prompt: Photo
- a present to yourself.
Sift through all the photos of you from the past year.
Choose one that best captures you;
either who you are, or who you strive to be.
Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words.
Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.



Short sift, no not jusy because I am vertically challenged, but
because I do not appear in many photos.

I don't leave home without my camera;I have hundreds of
pictures of my beautiful wife, a thousand pictures of the
beautiful flowers that surround our home, some pictures of
the birds which come to our feeder,  a few of the cat, and
fewer of ME.

For all that I think that I am, there is still a little, no I mean
small, no, no, no, let us stop the references to my height,
so let us say that there is an  amount of self esteem that is lacking.

Getting older and heavier is not pretty, especially when a
hundred years ago, under the influences of mind altering substances,
I thought that I was God's greatest gift to women, the best thing
since sliced bread, the cat's meow and all that jazz.

I have a God today, and it is not me.

Thank God, it is not about me anymore, today it is about doing God's will,
trying to show kindnesses, sharing the love, being patient and tolerant,
trying to be the person God wants me to be and that is best done
by me staying out of His way.

My wife took this photo of me a couple of days ago because, she said,
the FaceBook avatar was six months old and it was not that good anyway.

Life moves on.

Today, it is not the picture that is worth a thousand words,
it is the story in my heart that my Higher Power wants me to share
that has a thousand words.

One blog post at a time, every day for the past two years,
enough inspiration from my Higher Power to be able to share
my experience strength and hope, my faith and the love of
a Spirit of the Universe, that is in us all.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,
and God said we are all beautiful in his eye.

Happiness is knowing that photos can be paintbrushed.

Michael-e..




..

No comments:

Post a Comment