Sunday, December 19, 2010

Healing

Number 15
in The Daily challenge
from #reverb10,
December 19, 2010

Prompt: Healing.

What healed you this year?
Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution?
How would you like to be healed in 2011?




Faith.

To heal you must first be sick, and boy was I ever sick,
for almost fifty years I was very sick and I had no clue.

Lying, cheating and stealing, hiding from reality with mood altering stimuli,
denial and inappropriate justifications and it was always someone else's fault.

God did for me what I could not do for myself.

Baby steps, the healing started with a willingness to recognize the sickness,
faith that a plan to identify and change the sickness might work and finally,
action to change the things I could.

"Faith is much better than belief.
Belief is when someone else does the thinking."    ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Faith, that if I continue to help others, I will continue to heal myself.

Happiness is having the faith to know that God will heal all wounds.

Michael_e..




..

No comments:

Post a Comment