Thursday, December 9, 2010

Party

Number 5 in The Daily challenge from #reverb10, December 9, 2010

Prompt: Party.
What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010?
Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

The joys of growing older...every day is a party...

Two people talking is now a social gathering for me, and today, I make it
a point to drag myself way from the computer and go outside of the house
and find someone to interact with, someone who will call me on my ego
if I get too big for my britches or I slightly exaggerate the truth a little.
Left alone at the computer my mind often wonders towards grandiosity.

Today, and every day, all of my social gatherings are really happy
moments shared with people that are friends of my choice,
people that are positive,happy, joyous and free..
(retired: Thank God; I no longer have to tolerate the office bore,
the general public, the obnoxious salesmen, the government red tape
or  the rageaholic on the daily commute.)

Drama queens or priggy princes need not come to my party.

I have described the people, for the rest:
the music is anything but gangster rap,
thank God, the food is still anything that is not fattening,
the drinks are non alcoholic and for the past seventeen years
it has been a great feeling to awake in the morning knowing who
is going to be in the bed with me, where my car is parked, knowing that
the money in the wallet is still there,and I do not need to check the Sheriffs
web site to see if there are any warrants out for my arrest.

Retired to Florida so the clothing is shorts and tees
and I no longer wear socks.

Today, no shenanigans and I no longer tell jokes, the old self defense
mechanism that the ego used to make me feel better about myself.
Ethnic, racial, gender or blonde, the jokes were used to lift my
self-esteem by denegrating others.
Today, the jokes on me and the party never ends.

Happiness is being the life of the party, sober.

Happiness is helping someone help themselves...

http://meandtheboss-2010.blogspot.com/

http://asadrunkseesit.blogspot.com/

Michael_e

No comments:

Post a Comment