Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Future Self

Number 17
in

The Daily Challenge
from #reverb10,

December 21, 2010

Prompt: Future self.

Imagine yourself five years from now.
What advice would you give your
current self for the year ahead?
(Bonus: Write a note to yourself
10 years ago. What would you tell
your younger self?)


Keep on keeping on..
I am God blessed to be as old as I am, because God knows that I
should be dead.
People,  places and things; whom I associated with, venturing to
the wrong side of the tracks, the physical abuse (Drinking and Drugging),
put me in harms way on too many occasions and only by the grace of God
am I alive and able to tell my story today.
I have faith that my Higher Power wants me to carry the message of recovery,
one day at a time.
The e-electronic age has given me a platform where I can spread my
experience strength and hope to others and God's glory to be praised that
I am living at the best time in man's history.

It can only get better.

The future self will "keep on keeping on,"
a phrase first coind by the Reverend Robert H. Schuller,
"Any fool can count the seeds in an apple.
Only God can count all the apples in one seed.",
and today I wish not to be the fool.

Bonus: The note to the me of ten years ago was a perfect outline
            of what God has allowed me to do, today.
Hugs and Love...

Michael_e

No comments:

Post a Comment