Monday, December 20, 2010

Beyond Avoidance

Number 16
in
The Daily challenge
from #reverb10,
December 20, 2010

Prompt: Beyond avoidance.

What should you have done
this year but didn't because
you were too scared,
worried, unsure, busy or
otherwise deterred from doing?

(Bonus: Will you do it?)



Under the disguiese of priorities there were many things

left undone, not just last year, but in many a year prior to this.

How important is that job.

How important is that relationship.

How important is it to have fun,

when doing the important things,

like telling family how much you love them,

like not forgetting to keep a promise,

like showing up....body, mind and soul...

Selfish, self-centered, lazy, fear of ailure, fear of rejection,

and a myriad of excuses are made to avoid responsibility.

This year, I was a little better at priortizing the important.

If no one has told you today, I love you and so does God.

If no one has told you today, you are important.

Today, I will not make a promise that may be iffy.

Today I will seek balance in my life and if the job,

the relationship, the fun does not include the important people

in my life, I will rearrnge the priorities, not the importance.

Will I do it, no promises...

Happiness is a day lived well.

Michael_e

No comments:

Post a Comment