Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gift.


Number 26

in

The Daily Challenge

from #reverb10,

December 30, 2010



Prompt: Gift.
This month, gifts and gift-giving
can seem inescapable.
What's the most memorable gift,
tangible or emotional,
you received this year?


Thank you God, I am up and at it this morning.

Sum Quod Sum, I am what I am,

What a gift.

People, places and things, 2010 was a good year because God gave

me the chances and as long as my choices were to do the next right thing,

to be kind, to show unconditional love, to be patient ant tolerant

and to be the person God wanted me to be, the right people,

the good places and the necessary things were always there,

just when I needed them, not necessarily when I wanted them.

When I look at the times in my life when things went the wrong way

it was always because I was trying to run the show, my way.

The gift of kindness works both ways, to have a friend

you must be a friend.

Unconditional love is a gift that says I may not like you

or your actions but as a child of God I will love you

until you hopefully get it right.

The gift of patience was taught to me a long time ago,

it was just my stubborn ego that prevented me from learning

the lesson until it was almost too late.

The gift of tolerance I am still waiting for; mean people and stupid

people still have the ability to upset me, get into my head and

make me forget my primary purpose.

The gift of knowing God's will for me has been given to me by

learning to listen; listening with a kind thought, listening

with a loving heart, and listening to the intuitive

spirit of patience and tolerance that is a part of the God within me.

Happiness is not only the gift of life,

it is also the gift of being able to choose

how you want to look at life.

Today, my glass is half full,  not being emptied,

but being filled with the kindness and love of the people,

places and things that God puts into my life.


Wishing you all the gift of happiness for 2011 and beyond.


ME and the Boss




..
http://meandtheboss-2010.blogspot.com/

http://asadrunkseesit.blogspot.com/

..

No comments:

Post a Comment